I enjoyed meeting you and learning together! Last week we:
- learned the scientific method by making slime
- used Play-doh to build numbers
- learned about having a growth mindset
- set goals for the year
- painted a colour wheel
Here is what we have coming up this week:
- Spelling: We will learn spelling rules for the first several weeks before we begin with our lists. Check out this page on spelling rules, which can be found in Online Learning Resources.
- Language Arts: We will have a readers’ theater and learn about text features with an article on current events.
- Math: We will learn about place value, how ones turn into tens, which turn into hundreds.
- Social Studies: We will learn about maps.
- Science: We will learn about the different states of matter and particles.
- Bible: We will learn about who we are in God.
- Art: We will learn to paint with complementary colours.
I look forward to another fun week of learning. I’ll see you soon!
- Friday, September 18 Individual picture day, please wear your uniforms (this will be an unusual interruption to our Friday Knight Days)
- No pizza on Tuesday