I’m thrilled with how the year is starting off. We have some quality art. Our map books are looking great. Science experiments have been fun. And I’m very happy to see how well everyone is learning their math strategies.
- Spelling: This will be our last week of practicing commonly used words.
- Writing: We are learning about personal narratives and set writing goals for the year.
- Reading: We are learning how to connect with what we read.
- Math: We are continuing to practice our counting patterns and we will learn how to use tables of columns and rows.
- Social Studies: We will finish our map books and learn more about how to use maps.
- Science: We will learn about liquid density and experiment with bubbles.
- Art: We will learn about warm and cool colours.
- Bible: We will continue learning the importance of showing respect with our character.
- September 29 – Orange Shirt Day – wear orange shirt with causal clothes to show your support for the indigenous community
- September 30 – Truth and Reconciliation Day – no school
- October 1 – Pro D – no school
- Fridays are Knight Days, so feel free wear a casual clothes if with a knight shirt.
- Homework – I have been sending math assignments home with some agents if they could use the practice and have time to finish their assignment.
Spelling List this week