I hope everyone is able to stay safe and dry with this weather, and hopefully school will resume soon so we can complete our fun projects for parents to see when we meet.
Sign up for Parent Teacher Interviews here (November 26) and make sure to indicate if you would like to meet online or in person.
This Wednesday is Jersey Day, so feel free to wear casual clothes if you would like to wear a jersey to support your favourite sports team.
Thursday, November 18, we are going to the Leisure Centre to swim. We will leave at 9:05 am (please be on time) and return by 11:00 am. Our swim time starts at 9:30, so please be on time. Students may wear casual clothes.
Bring a swimsuit, towel, and a life jacket if needed.
Parents are welcome to join us; however, we must have a criminal record check for you on file with the office.
Here are your objectives this week:
- Spelling: Follow the link to spelling city for list L6. Our test will be on November 22.
- Writing: We will learn to use personification in our personal narratives.
- Reading: We are learning how to connect with what we read.
- Math: We are using our knowledge of place value to properly set up and solve 3 digit addition and subtraction problems..
- Social Studies: We are continuing to present our brochures and learning about each other’s cultures.
- Science: We will learn how mass has weight and how to compare it.
- Art: We will learn to use value to create a sense of distance in a landscape painting.
- Bible: We will learn the importance of rules. Our memory verse is Psalm 118:29.
- November 17 Jersey Day
- November 18 Swimming Field Trip
- November 26 Parent/Teacher Interviews
- Fridays are Knight Days, so feel free wear a casual clothes if with a knight shirt.
- Homework – Please make sure students are spending some time skip counting by 2, 3, 5, 9, and 10 on their hundreds chart.