Parent/Teacher interviews are soon approaching. If you are limited in your available times, please let me know as soon as possible. I look forward to sharing what we have learned this year.
Thursday, November 18, we are going to the Leisure Centre to swim. We will leave at 9:05 am and return by 11:00 am. Our swim time starts at 9:30, so please be on time. Students may wear casual clothes.
Bring a swimsuit, towel, and a life jacket if needed.
Parents are welcome to join us; however, we must have a criminal record check for you on file with the office.
Here are your objectives this week:
- Spelling: Follow the link to spelling city for list L5. Our test will be on November 8.
- Writing: We will learn how to organize information for writing about something we know.
- Reading: We are learning how to connect with what we read.
- Math: We are continuing our study of place value and learning how to use the hundreds chart.
- Social Studies: We are presenting our brochures and learning about each other’s cultures. I will send a booklet home to complete.
- Science: We will learn how mass has weight and how to compare it.
- Art: We will create remembrance day art.
- Bible: We will learn the importance of rules. Our memory verse is Psalm 34:8.
- November 11 Remembrance Day – no school
- November 18 Swimming Field Trip
- November 26 Parent/Teacher Interviews
- Fridays are Knight Days, so feel free wear a casual clothes if with a knight shirt.
- Homework – Please make sure students are spending some time skip counting by 2, 3, 5, and 10 on their hundreds chart.